Automatic watch limited lifetime warranty - terms and conditions
Automatic Watch Limited Lifetime Warranty - Effective 2/1/2021
At Shinola every watch is assembled in our Detroit factory and combines meticulous hand-assembly with the most advanced technology available to ensure our watches are both beautiful and built to last. We are so confident in our high-quality manufacturing standards that select Shinola watches are warranted for life under our limited lifetime warranty. It's an industry-leading guarantee and a testament to our core values.
Terms and conditions of the Shinola Automatic Watch Limited Lifetime Service Warranty
THIS WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERRABLE AND MAY BE VOIDED UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF.
- The Shinola Automatic Watch Limited Lifetime Service Warranty covers all original series automatic watches. This guarantee does not cover Detrola watches or Shinola quartz watches. The Shinola Automatic Watch Limited Lifetime Service Warranty covers defects to material and workmanship under the natural useful life of the watch.
- In case of defects caused by faulty workmanship covered by the limited lifetime warranty, any defective component (subject to exclusions below) will be repaired or the watch will be replaced free of charge.
- All straps, including bracelets
- Movement beyond its natural movement life (5 years for Automatic Movements)*
- Watch plating (PVD plating)
- Damage resulting from improper handling, lack of care, accidents or normal wear and tear
- Water damage
- Pre-owned vintage watches sold in as-is condition
- Re-furbished watches
* 5 years from the original date of purchase or date of most recent "Automatic Service" by Shinola, whichever is later. For more information on submitting repairs & servicing requests, please see the "Repairs & Servicing" section of the Shinola Helpdesk - linked here.
- This Warranty shall be VOIDED IF:
- The watch has been damaged by accident, negligence or persons as determined by Shinola in its sole and absolute discretion.
- If the watch is repaired, serviced, or engraved by any service provider other than Shinola.
- If you have not registered your watch with Shinola this warranty does NOT apply.
- If your watch requires complete replacement, and is covered by the warranty, Shinola shall replace your watch with the same model. If the model is no longer in production, a watch of equal value and similar style will be provided.
- For service work that is not covered under this warranty, you will be notified of repairs needed and applicable charges. Shinola will commence such repairs only upon your prior approval to such charges or return the product, at your request.
REQUESTING WARRANTY AND OTHER WATCH REPAIR
Should you require work under warranty, please complete a repair form by visiting us at Shinola.com or a Shinola retail store. While they will not void the warranty, repairs and/or maintenance performed by Shinola's authorized repair partners is not covered under warranty; you will assume all cost associated with such repairs; Shinola will not provide reimbursement. Do not send original packaging, as it will not be returned. Shinola highly recommends you insure your parcel and adequately protect the watch during shipment. Shinola is not responsible for product lost or damaged during shipment. For service work that is not covered under this warranty, the service center may perform the services you request for a charge dependent on watch style and type of work requested. Such charges will be notified and agreed by you prior to performing the services.
The warranties and remedies above are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, terms or conditions, express, implied or statutory, as to any matter whatsoever, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, satisfactory quality, title, and non-infringement, all of which are expressly disclaimed by Shinola. Shinola shall not be liable for incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages or liabilities of any kind arising out of or in connection with the sale or use of this product, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability or any other theory, even if Shinola has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if any limited remedy specified herein is deemed to have failed of its essential purpose. Shinola's entire liability shall be limited to replacement or repair at Shinola's sole option. However, some countries, states, or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the limitation of incidental consequential damages so the above limitations and exclusions may be limited in their application to you. When implied warranties may not be excluded in their entirety, they will be limited to the duration of the applicable written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may have other rights that may vary depending on local law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
We're Here to Help
If you have any concerns or questions, don't hesitate to contact us. There are three ways to get in touch. Fill out the contact form on our website at Shinola.com, give us a call, or send us an email.