SHARE TWITTER | FACEBOOK | COPY LINK LINK COPIED 05.15.2012 CCS: A History of Innovation BY Taylor Rebhan The Alfred Taubman Center For Design Education, built by Alfred A Kahn in 1928, once was the home for the innovative minds of General Motors and Electrics. Some of the great inventions from automatic transmission to the first heart-lung machine came from this building. Currently, the Taubman Center houses both the College for Creative Studies, as well as our Watch movement factory. The students at CCS are encouraged to create beautiful and meaningful work, and we’re proud to have our watch factory in a place that promotes this message. Here’s the first of a two part video explaining the history of the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, and our proud partnership with the college.