The video below shows instructions for setting the time and date on one of our watches with a screw-down crown. To set the time and date on your watch with a push-down crown, follow all of the instructions, simply avoiding instructions to "unscrew" or "screw" your crown.
For instructions on how to set the time and date on a watch with a push down crown. Jump to sections using the links below. Please note, if your crown does not easily pull away from your case, it is most likely a screw-down crown and will first need to be unscrewed (by turning it counterclockwise) prior to setting.
- Pull the crown out away from the case, to the last position (the movement will stop)
- For watches without a date, this will be position II (1 click)
- For watches with a date, this will be position III (2 clicks)
- Turn the crown until you are at the correct time
- Clockwise - time moves forward
- Counterclockwise - time moves backward
- Once time is set, reseal the crown by pressing it in against the case until tight (flush against the watch case)
- Pull the crown out away from the case to position II (one click)
- Turn the crown clockwise until the date wheel shows yesterday's date
- Ex: If today is the 2nd, turn the crown until the date window shows the 1st
- Next, pull the crown out to position III (one more click - the hands will stop moving)
- We'll be adjusting the time next, to ensure both your date and AM/PM are correct
- Turn the crown clockwise until you see the date wheel roll over to today's date
- You are now at 12:00AM (midnight) this morning
- Continue to turn the crown clockwise until you are at the correct time today
- note: If it is after 12pm (noon) today, be sure to turn the time forward 12 full hours before setting the time (to make sure your watch knows it's PM)
- Once time and date are set, reseal the crown by pressing it in against the case until the threads engage, and turn clockwise until tight (flush against the watch case)
Instructions to share from our watch manual:
Please refer to page 6 of our watch manual for instructions on setting the time/date on watches with push down and screw down crowns. Once you've set the time or date, always remember to reseal the crown, making sure it is flush against the case. This helps to keep dust and moisture out of your watch.