The Shinola Guarantees
The Limited Lifetime Guarantee (covers all original series watches, including Bedrock, Birdy, Brakeman, Canfield, Cass, Gail, Gomelsky, Guardian, Shinola Monster, Muldowney, Omaha, Rambler, Runwell, Trumbull and Vinton collections)
The 3-Year Limited Guarantee (covers the Detrola collection)
[registration required for activation]
Your Shinola watch is warranted by Shinola under the terms and conditions of its warranty. The Shinola warranties cover faulty workmanship under normal use for the period applicable to your timepiece indicated above. In case of defects covered by these warranties, all components (excluding battery, leather/rubber/nylon/silicone strap and buckle) will be repaired or the watch will be replaced free of charge. In the case of a replacement, Shinola cannot guarantee that you will receive the same watch model. If your model is not available a watch of equal value and similar style will be provided.
For service work that is not covered under these warranties, the service center may perform the services you request for a charge dependent on the type of work requested. You will be notified of such charges prior to Shinola commencing the requested repair(s). Shinola will commence such repairs only upon your prior approval to such charges.
These Warranties Do Not Cover
- Silicone/leather/rubber/nylon strap, battery or buckle
- Damage resulting from improper handling, lack of care, accidents or normal wear and tear
- Water damage unless marked water-resistant
- This warranty is void if the watch has been damaged by accident, negligence or persons other than authorized Shinola sales or service agents, unauthorized service, or other factors not due to defects in materials or workmanship.
- Detrola watches which have not been registered with Shinola
- Pre-owned vintage watches sold in as-is condition
- The following warranties and remedies are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, terms or conditions, express, implied or statutory, as to any matter whatsoever, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, satisfactory quality, title, and non-infringement, all of which are expressly disclaimed by Shinola. Shinola shall not be liable for incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages or liabilities of any kind arising out of or in connection with the sale or use of this product, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability or any other theory, even if Shinola has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if any limited remedy specified herein is deemed to have failed of its essential purpose. Shinola’s entire liability shall be limited to replacement or repair at Shinola’s sole option. However some countries, states, or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the limitation of incidental consequential damages so the above limitations and exclusions may be limited in their application to you. When implied warranties may not be excluded in their entirety, they will be limited to the duration of the applicable written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may have other rights that may vary depending on local law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If you have your watch battery replaced by any service provider other than a Shinola authorized service center, such replacement will not void your warranty, so long as such replacement (i) is performed by an experienced and legitimate service center, (ii) is not performed in a negligent manner, and (iii) is reassembled properly, including without limitation, replacement of gasket if necessary to achieve suitable water-tightness. Shinola has the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, if any such third party battery replacement voids your warranty.